1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, e.g., when you fill out in a form on one of our websites or contact us (e.g., via telephone or email). The information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the websites and may include the following: names, phone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses, job titles, contact preferences, billing addresses, areas of interest, and other similar information. We do not knowingly collect information from or market to children under 18 years of age. We may also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. The information we collect may include:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity on the Website (e.g., pages visited and date/time stamps).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, ISP/mobile carrier, and operating system.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. The information collected depends on the type and settings of your device. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling the Location setting on your device.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources. Some information we collect is from unaffiliated sources, including in some cases information that is publicly available, provided by or purchased from marketing business partners, or present on social media platforms. For example, we may collect information you submit to a social network like Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter. We may also collect or license information about you from other companies and organizations, such as information aggregators or event or promotion co-sponsors, including to supplement information that we receive from you. By gathering additional information about you, we can give you product recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
Core Scientific does not presently share information with other companies other than its own associates and does not sell its user information. However, we reserve the right to use any personal information we collect for such purposes as customer service, marketing, product and service development, dissemination of investor information, recruiting and facilitating subsequent use of this Web site. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. We may disclose your personal information to our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf. Unless you opt out of receiving promotional materials, we may from time to time notify you of special promotions, new products or services, or other information that may interest you. We explicitly reserve the right to disclose any such personal information if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, or protect the rights, property or safety of Core Scientific, its employees, customers, or the public.
You may choose whether or not to provide Personal Information to Core Scientific. The notice we intend to provide where Core Scientific collects Personal Information on the Web should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you can still visit most of Core Scientific’s Web pages, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services that involve our interaction with you. If you elect to provide Personal Information to Core Scientific, you agree to provide true, complete, and accurate information, and you agree to notify us of changes.
4. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
5. OPT-OUT OF MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS AND ADVERTISING
If you no longer wish to receive email advertising from us, please send an email to email@example.com. If you which to no longer receive based on your interests or other web-browsing behavior, the online advertising industry provides websites from which you may opt out of interest-based advertising from Goodway Group and other companies that participate in industry self-regulatory programs. The US-based opt out pages are www.aboutads.info/choices and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. The European based page is www.youronlinechoices.com. In Canada, use www.youradchoices.ca/choices.
6. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, or 12 months from your last engagement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. USER CONSENT
8. PLEXUS SERVICE
In using our Plexus Service, we may collect (either directly or through our payment processor) additional information to what is collected in connection with our websites. This additional information may for example include commercial information such as transactions and purchase history, login information such as username, password, IP address, and email address, billing and payment information such as name, company name, company address, phone number, zip code, debit/credit card information and bank account information. We use this information to provide the Plexus service to you, manage your user accounts, provide support, and to process your payments. When using the Plexus service, you may elect to upload data that you will process using the service’s resources. You are responsible for backing up your data to prevent data loss and for acquiring all necessary consents to upload, process, and, if applicable, transfer the data between the various cloud computing providers you select to use via the Plexus service. While your data is being stored or processed on another cloud computing provider, that cloud computing provider’s privacy terms apply to your data. You control access to your data, and we encrypt your data while it is stored (at rest) in our systems. We do not access your data except as necessary to provide you with the service you have requested or to provide support to you.
9. INFORMATION SECURITY
We have implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite reasonable safeguards to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website or services from a secure environment.